The basic rules of ga-ga ball are that it is played in an octagonal shape ga-ga ball pit and the players use a soft foam ball to play. To win the ga-ga ball game, players must try to hit the ball below the knees or waist. The last player standing is the winner of the game! However, ga-ga ball can be played in whatever way you want! Here are some ideas on how to change up ga-ga ball:
- Teams: Determine how many people make a team and use the same basic rules
- Pass, Pass, Play: To make it more difficult, all players must pass the ball twice before the ball can be hit at the opponent.
- Multiple ga-ga balls: This would be for more experienced players where you put more ga-ga balls into play.
- Eliminate arms: You can only use one hand and arm to hit the ga-ga ball.
- Free for all: Every man for themselves
- Bounce, Play:
- Before the ga-ga ball can be hit at your opponent, you must bounce the ga-ga ball once off the wall of the ga-ga pit.
- Before the ga-ga ball can be hit at the opponent, you must bounce it once on the floor.
- Elimate arms: The same idea as mentioned before, players can only use one arm to hit the ga-ga ball.
Have your own variation that wasn’t mentioned here? We’d love to hear them! Tell us your new rules for ga-ga ball at octopitusa.com!