Are you going gaga for gaga ball? Kids, families, youth groups, and school recess yards all over the world are having fun and getting great exercise by playing this exciting game.
What’s that? You say you’ve never heard of gaga ball before? Well, allow us to illuminate you to some of the finer points of this must-try game. You can also learn more in our previous blog post, titled “Answers To 5 Common Questions About Gaga Ball.”
Keep reading to learn more about gaga ball, where it came from, and how you can become the best player in your neighborhood, school, or church club! With our help, and an Octopit to practice in, you’ll be a champion level player in no time!
Fast Facts About Gaga Ball
- Gaga ball was invented way back in the 1970s
- Gaga ball is a variation of dodgeball that was invented in Israel.
- Gaga ball is a lot safer than dodgeball because the ball is aimed below the waist
- Gaga ball can be played by people of all ages and groups of all sizes
- Gaga ball needs very little equipment to deliver lots of fun
- The goal of gaga ball is to be the last man standing!
What Do You Need To Play Gaga Ball?
Before you can become a gaga ball star, you have to have all of the necessary equipment. Unlike video games or board games, gaga ball only requires a few basic pieces of equipment to provide hours of fun. Here’s what you’re going to need.
Ball – The goal of gaga ball isn’t to hurt people, so don’t choose a hard ball like a soccer ball or a basketball. Bouncing is an important part of playing gaga ball and will have a big impact on your strategy for winning, so you’ll want to make sure the ball has at least a little bounce. We’ve found that kick balls, beach balls, or volleyballs tend to work best.
Octopit – The most important piece of equipment you’ll need when playing gaga ball is the pit or pen. This is a fence-like structure that provides walls against which the ball can be bounced, kicked, or thrown. The wall is also a big part of defense in gaga ball, because people can stand against it so that they’re a more difficult target to hit. Finally, the gaga ball pit helps to separate the players who are out from the players who are still in the game.
We believe that the Octopit is the best, ready to assemble gaga ball pit on the market today. It’s modular, foldable, portable, can be used indoors or out, and comes with a limited lifetime warranty! Don’t waste your money on other gaga ball pits or the time it will take to build your own. Invest in the world’s favorite pit–Octopit–today!
People – This should be obvious–you need other people to play gaga ball! But unlike dodgeball, kickball, or many other playground games, gaga ball can be played with as few as two people and as many as 20 people! The only restriction on how many people can participate in a game at once is the size of your Octopit.
Ways To Win Gaga Ball
OK! Once you’ve got a ball (or maybe two!), an Octopit, and some people to play with, you’re ready to perfect your strategy for winning gaga ball. Here are some of our best tips:
Know How Losing Happens – There are many different ways in which you can be declared ‘out’ on gaga ball, which essentially means losing the game. If you want to avoid losing, you have to be aware of all the ways you can be called ‘out.’ You’ll be forced to leave the Octopit if:
- You get hit with the ball below your waist
- You touch the ball twice before it bounces off the wall of the pit or another person (this is called the “double tap”
- You hit the gaga ball out of the pit or are the last person to touch the ball on its way out of the pit
- You use the wall to avoid getting hit by the ball (such as grabbing it and pulling your feet out of the way of the ball)
- You take your hand off the Octopit wall before the ball bounces twice at the start of the game
Now that you know how losing happens, let’s talk about how you can avoid losing and win instead!
Play Strong Offense –
- Practice your “swatting” technique so that you can hit the ball with accuracy
- Try to hit the ball right after it bounces twice and aim it at a particular person
- Hit the ball hard enough so that if it misses your target, it will ricochet off the Octopit and right back into your hands
- Hit the ball wildly, in all directions so that you cause chaos and people lose track of the ball!
Octopit Is Your Source For The Best Gaga Ball Setups In The Business
Contact us to place your order today!